- Leeanne Adu
How to Delegate to your VA
So, you think you need some help with your admin and support for your business but you are not sure how to delegate all those little tasks you hate doing. It’s hard to let go when you’ve been doing it solo and your business is your baby.
Well here are my top tips for delegating your work to your business support pro.
These might seem like common sense but when you are in the middle of work life and it can seem like you can’t see the wood for the trees. Hopefully these tips will help.
1. Regular catch ups with your VA. You might not see them daily but you should be speaking to them weekly. Set a regular time to have 10-15 minutes to go through your to-do list and work out what your priorities are for the week.
2. Work out your goals. I am all about the goal setting and once you know what exactly trying to achieve you can start to drill down what you need to do to smash those goals.
From each goal should come the steps to complete that goal. Use your VA to work out what those steps are and to tell you where they can help you achieve them.
3. Get it out of your brain Brain dump into project management software. It’s much easier to plan when you can see what it is you want to get done. Even if it doesn’t start out in the order you want, and I bet your VA will pull out all the tasks they can do for you. Or, if you are not a fan of using project management software, then read on to tip number 4.
4. Work out how you prefer to share If your to-do list comes in the middle of the night, record it into a voice note to send your VA the next day. You need to share the information in way that works for your brain.
Your VA should be flexible enough to gather that information and turn it in to a to do list that works for them.
5. Don’t be afraid to pass work on You need to spend time working with your skillsets to build your business in the right way. Your virtual business support professional should be working to theirs, which is getting the back end done for you. Use them, you are paying for the service, make the most of it.
If you would like to know more about how you can work with a Virtual Assistant for your business support needs, get in touch today here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.